Contact organizations for Beunka Adams
To save Beunka Adams (execution is March 8 2012) we need to get help from others!
Please, take a few minutes and send the sample letter beneath to the organizations on the list and any other organization you may think of!
Thank you so much!
Contact information to organizations:
- Texas Moratorium Network
contact form: http://www.texasmoratorium.org/contact
- Texas Students Against Death Penalty
- Amnesty Internat. Southern Office
contact form: http://www.amnesty.org/en/contact
- National Coalition Against Death Penalty
- World Coalition Against Death Penalty
contact form: http://www.worldcoalition.org/Contact-us.html
- Southern Center for Human Rights
- United Nations Human Rights High Commissioner, Mrs Navanethem Pillay,
- Campaign to end death penalty
contact form: http://www.nodeathpenalty.org/contact-national-office
To whom it may concern,
I write to make your organization aware of the fact that a Texas death row inmate, Mr. Beunka Adams is soon to face the ultimate punishment of the death penalty. His execution is set for March 8 2012.
This is despite the fact that there are obvious and major flaws in Mr Adams’ legal procedure; doubts about the fairness of his trial; and doubts about what really happened during the tragic robbery in Rusk, Texas in 2002.
I kindly ask if if your organization can offer some sort of support for Mr. Adams and for our campaign to save his life and work for his right to a fair trial.
I will enclose our petition letter to give you a basic idea of Mr. Adams circumstances:
Beunka Adams’ Final Appeal Was Rejected By The Us Supreme Court In The Beginning Of October 2011. During December The Same Year Mr. Adams' Execution Date Was Set For March 8Th 2012This Was Despite The Fact That There Are Obvious And Major Flaws In Mr Adams’ Legal Procedure; Doubts About The Fairness Of His Trial; And Doubts About What Really Happened During The Tragic Robbery In Rusk, Texas In 2002.
In Adams' case there are many oversights and the most fatal are:
1. Another man, Adams' co-defendant, confessed to the shooting and the two men were not tried at the same trial. During trial the jurors were convinced that Adams fired the gun because of evidence being held from them.
2. Adams' state appointed attorney did not offer a proper legal defense during trial and it must be seen as inefficient legal counseling. His appeal attorney has shown ignorance towards his client's needs and hasn't answered Adams' letters for the past three years. Due to poor legal advice, failing to find another attorney and his own lacking knowledge of law Adams' legal process can not be found to provide the proper legal security recognized for every citizen by law.
3. Adams is convicted for accidentally missing someone with a 12-gauge shotgun at a close distance. A proper investigation and a statement from a ballistic expert would prove that it is physically impossible to do that without causing more physical harm then a scratched lip.When Beunka Adams’ trial transcript is compared with his co-defendant’s it becomes clear that it is different in major points.
4. Witnesses appear to be unsure of their facts and their stories have been changed between the two trials.
Beunka Adams has never denied his involvement in the robbery in 2002 that led to the tragic death of a man and the serious wounding of a girl, but he has always claimed that he didn't shoot anyone and that he tried to stop his co-defendant from harming the victims. Mr. Adams has several times expressed his deep regrets for and sadness over the tragic events of that day.
Beunka Adams’ family and friends recognize the fundamental change in his personality and aspirations. So the man facing execution by the state of Texas is very different from the teenaged boy who took part in the robbery of 2002."
Because of the above reasons and in the name of humanity, I beg that your organization will help us stop the execution and work at our side for his right to a fair trial.
Thank you for your consideration to this important matter!
( your name + address)
For more information visit:
Website (also in french and German):
Info page at 8 Bags of Popcorn:
All actions for Beunka Adams:
Comments are closed for this blog post